Feng Shui Your Business: 7 Ways to Make Your Employees More Comfortable and Productive Using Feng Shui
Successful business owners know that their most important resource is their human resources -- the people who make their company what it is.
1. Clear clutter
By taking steps to make your employees more comfortable, they will also be more productive.
These seven tips are good Feng Shui for business owners, but they are also good business sense.
- Clutter, at home or in the office, distracts us from achieving our goals. Provide in-boxes, out-boxes, tiered folders or any other file management system that works for your employees -- or permit them to bring in their own. Make sure employees keep the area under their feet clear. Make sure the pathway from doors to desk is clear so that chi can flow. 2. Keep the office space clean.
- Offices should be kept clean and uncluttered, with floors vacuumed at least weekly. Windows should be washed frequently, as dirty windows block opportunities and inhibit wealth. 3. Reduce noise pollution.
- Noise is one of the biggest disruptions in a modern office. Consider using carpeting or sound absorption materials beneath copiers and other noisy electronics, while placing these important office machines far away from where employees work. Use sound proofing in offices if voices carry and employees sound louder than they really are. 4. Make your office climate comfortable for employees.
- Temperature and humidity control not only improves employee productivity, it can lower your utility bills, as well. Programmable thermostats, zoned heating and cooling and other green technology can help create a more comfortable climate. You can also psychologically adjust the “feel” of a space by adding more lights to a cool environment or adding red and orange accent colors. “Cool down” a warm space by using blues and greens in the decor and adding water elements. 5. Choose the best colors for your office
- Color does not only affect the way a space feels. It can affect your employees' productivity and success. For a business that requires deep thinking and creativity, decorate in blues and purples. Yellow will energize staff and encourage creativity. To keep employees focused during routine tasks, consider painting offices green. 6. Avoid distracting art and colors
- While noise pollution a big distraction to today's workers, visual pollution also drains employees' energy. Avoid abstract art as employees will waste energy trying to analyze it, even on a subconscious level. Avoid too many bright colors in paintings, as you may energize the space too much, causing a lack of focus. 7. Create a non-toxic environment
- Healthy employees are productive employees. The idea of a non-toxic workplace can extend from the air to the people. Avoid hiring people who are overly negative or “toxic,” just as you avoid introducing pollutants in to the air.
Keep live plants in the office to provide oxygen and absorb many common toxins. Avoid cleaners made with toxic chemicals; find a cleaning company that relies on everyday items like vinegar, baking soda and lemon juice for cleaning
The best office space should be energizing while encouraging focus, and it should be nurturing and healthy. These Feng Shui tips can help, but if you still need a hand, remember that I often work with business owners to bring their office environment in to better alignment with their company goals.
What can you do in your own office, or for your employees, to enhance productivity and increase success? Would love to hear it. Leave your thoughts in the comments section below.
If I had to think of an easy way to help you get started and learn EXACTLY how to transform the areas of your life that are causing you the most problems… I would tell you to go check out my eBook “Feng Shui Secrets: What Everyone Should Know About How To Be Successful With Feng Shui.”
You can easily learn how your home may be causing these problems and how to correct them with no interior design or expensive decorating required.
You can go here for all the details: Feng Shui Secrets
If you're really serious about overcoming certain obstacles in your life, here is your chance to
work with me one-on-one to transform the areas of your life that are causing you the most challenges.
With love and compassion,