Feng Shui Do's and Don'ts for a Home Library
With the growth of digital media and eBooks, many people are re-evaluating their home libraries and buying digital versions of favorite books for Kindles, iPads and other eReaders. eReaders were one of the most popular gifts for this past holiday season. If you received one, it may be time to clear some space in your conventional library to make room for something more relevant to your lifestyle today.
Books are Still Good Feng Shui
Books still have their place in a modern home, though, and to get rid of all of them would mean discarding important anchoring objects with great value.
It's also a myth that books with their spines facing outward on a shelf resemble knives and, therefore, create sha chi. There's absolutely no bad energy involved in having books you love and treasure, with educational or entertainment value, displayed in your home. Studies even show that kids that grow up in a house full of books do better in school.
So, how can you best display your treasured library?
- Sort through your collection and donate to the library or to friends any books you don't foresee re-reading or sharing with your children. If a book was not inspirational or did not make you feel good, there's no reason to hang on to it and the energy it gives off in your home.
- Place special books in a special place, where they can serve as anchoring objects. Finance books from favorite authors may go in the wealth trigram of the Ba Gua, while self-improvement books may go in the knowledge and spirituality trigram.
- Keep your home library, if possible, in the knowledge section of your home or apartment. Other good places may be the wealth area.
- Keep books in the bedroom, where they can affect your sleep.
- Make a study or library the first room you see when you enter your home. This can lead residents to be too withdrawn and “bookish.”
When you're ready to bring more money into your life, attract passionate love, gain rapid growth in your career, experience true balance and get unstuck, I would love to work with you on that.
To get started, a 1-on-1 Feng Shui consultation is a great way to gain clarity about where you are now and how to get where you want to be.
For those that are looking for REAL RESULTS over time and a true transformation in your life, then you may be ready for 'Rapid Change'.
If you're looking to learn more about Feng Shui and how it can help you create a life that you love, I suggest you check out my eBook “Feng Shui Secrets: What Everyone Should Know About How To Be Successful With Feng Shui.”
You can easily learn how your home may be causing these problems and how to correct them with no interior design or expensive decorating required.
You can go here for all the details: Feng Shui Secrets
With love and compassion,