Feng Shui Do's and Don'ts for a Home Library
With the growth of digital media and eBooks, many people are re-evaluating their home libraries and buying digital versions of favorite books for Kindles, iPads and other eReaders. eReaders were one of the most popular gifts for this past holiday season. If you received one, it may be time to clear some space in your conventional library to make room for something more relevant to your lifestyle today.
Books are Still Good Feng Shui
Books still have their place in a modern home, though, and to get rid of all of them would mean discarding important anchoring objects with great value.
It's also a myth that books with their spines facing outward on a shelf resemble knives and, therefore, create sha chi. There's absolutely no bad energy involved in having books you love and treasure, with educational or entertainment value, displayed in your home. Studies even show that kids that grow up in a house full of books do better in school.
So, how can you best display your treasured library?
- Sort through your collection and donate to the library or to friends any books you don't foresee re-reading or sharing with your children. If a book was not inspirational or did not make you feel good, there's no reason to hang on to it and the energy it gives off in your home.
- Place special books in a special place, where they can serve as anchoring objects. Finance books from favorite authors may go in the wealth trigram of the Ba Gua, while self-improvement books may go in the knowledge and spirituality trigram.
- Keep your home library, if possible, in the knowledge section of your home or apartment. Other good places may be the wealth area.
- Keep books in the bedroom, where they can affect your sleep.
- Make a study or library the first room you see when you enter your home. This can lead residents to be too withdrawn and “bookish.”
If you’ve enjoyed this, if this simple approach resonates with you and you can see yourself getting the results you seek, then you’re really going to enjoy and benefit from a new opportunity I’ve created called ‘Rapid Change’ intuitive coaching.
Essentially, ‘Rapid Change’ intuitive coaching takes you by the hand to completely change your life and sets you up for long term success and happiness in your relationships, career, finances and health.
If all that sounds good to you then hop on over to the ‘Rapid Change’ intuitive coaching page to learn more and I’ll be in touch with you shortly.
If you’re a business owner, entrepreneur, coach, consultant or healer and want to be personally guided to double, triple or even 10x your business while cutting your work hours in half, then you’re going to love the “Board of Directors.”
Or, if you have Feng Shui questions and you’re seeking personal guidance on how to optimize your space, check out the Ultimate Feng Shui Makeover Package to learn more.
I really appreciate you’re commitment to create positive change in your space and life by paying close attention to this article. And I wish you the best of luck, no matter if you decide to join me for “Rapid Change” intuitive coaching or “The Board of Directors” or a 1-on-1 Feng Shui consultation, I wish you success, happiness, peace, harmony and balance in your life.
If you enjoyed this, please let me know in the comments below.
If you think it’s worthy of other people’s attention, please feel free to tell others about it. I’d love to spread this message as far as I can.
Thank you so much again for your attention and I look forward to sharing more great Feng Shui tips to help you discover how Feng Shui transforms your life.
With love and compassion,