Boxes, trundle drawers, plastic containers, even vacuum-sealed plastic bags that are designed to maximize storage space under your bed can all help people in small homes or “cozy” city apartments make the most of every square foot.
But it's important in Feng Shui to be careful of what you stow in under bed storage containers. Here are some Feng Shui do's and don'ts.
- Allow the chi to circulate under the bed.
- Store neatly folded blankets, linens and sheets for easy, convenient access.
- Make sure you can get at these items easily -- containers should slide easily out from under the bed.
- Use a trundle drawer or captain's bed for storing these items.
- Store weapons or sharp metal objects under the bed.
- Store old mementos, love letters or reminders of past relationships.
- Store books, paperwork or anything that reminds you of work.
- Cram items under your bed to the point where you can't access them easily or it creates a cluttered mess.