Thinking of redecorating your bedroom? Maybe it's time to go from that summer beach theme in your bedroom to more cozy bedroom decorating ideas as we move into cooler weather.
Looking for Feng Shui bedroom decorating ideas? Keep these quick Feng Shui tips in mind to maintain balance in the space, ensure a good night's sleep and sustain a more positive relationship with your significant other.
1. Double it up. Create a sense of balance in the bedroom and equality in your relationship by placing matching nightstands with matching table lamps -- on each side of the bed. Items in twos are good Feng Shui, but don't overdo it.
2. Decorate in peaceful colors. The bedroom should be a place of relaxation. Yin colors like blue and green are best. Add darker, earth tone accents for contrast and to add an “autumn” feeling to the space for the season. Blue with chocolate brown or green with deep maroon or dark beige are two bedroom decorating ideas that create a sense of color balance. Read more about the best Feng Shui bedroom colors.
3. Use a Feng Shui bedroom mirror for good fortune and communication. A mirror near the foot of the bed can multiply your fortune and happiness, improve communication in a relationship, and provide a sense of “completion” to your goals. Because mirrors are “yang” (active) energy and the bedroom is a “yin” (restful) space, use Feng Shui bedroom mirrors in moderation.
A large round mirror on the wall above the headboard can relax the eyes, reduce tension and improve a marriage. Add a mirror near the foot of the bed, and you’ll see an infinite doubling of the image, which can provide a sense of joyful expansion, completion and advancement. Both options can actually improve communication with your loved one. Mirrors can also be placed on the left and right sides of the bed for a similar effect.
4. Invite “living chi” into the space with plants. It may be time to bring some of your outdoor plants indoors for the fall and winter. Why not place a few in your bedroom while you're redecorating? Feng Shui plants will brighten the space and invite health chi into your bedroom. If you don't have a green thumb, silk plants that look real will have the same positive effect. Also consider fall floral arrangements in earth tones, but balance bright orange blooms of the season with greenery so you don't add too much yang energy into your peaceful bedroom.
5. Pay attention to Feng Shui bed placement. While you're using these Feng Shui bedroom decorating ideas, take a few minutes to make sure your bed is in the command position of the room. This will help you get a better night's sleep. Follow these additional tips to Feng Shui your bed.